Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Scenes from India, Part 2 (Agra)

My first train (to Agra). I love how they have names.

Indulging in some American-style chips.



The Punjab Mail's sleeper compartment.

Agra's Taj Ganj neighborhood.





The view from my hotel's rooftop restaurant.

I know he doesn't look happy, but I don't he minded the picture. The food was delicious, by the way.
"Single again but now with experience"
Goats get cold.
The South Gate to enter the Taj Mahal.
I came at 8 am. You can't see jack.
You have to wear these before entering the actual Taj area to protect the ground.
The building's mosaics are so intricate. Each flower is made up of several pieces of glass, and there are thousands of flowers.

This man was scraping the grime from the floor in the mosque that flanks the Taj Mahal.
Again, I know they don't look happy, but this family INVITED me to join them. I'm shocked that they look so solemn considering they were laughing as they motioned to me. I swear I didn't just jump into some family's annual photo.

Still foggy.
Starting to clear at around 10:30 am.
All clear at 11:30! 

This man wanted my picture, so I asked for one of him as well.

Outdoor barber shop in Kinari Bazaar.
I know it looks gross, but it was amazing.
Devotees at the Jama Masjid in Agra.

Outside Agra Fort. I didn't go in.


2 comments:

Madlkim said...

That fort thing looks so cool! Why didnt you go in? Also, can you bring me back a monkey?

Noida Packers said...

if you are looking for a wildlife tour so visit on- corbett National Park

My wonderful father has died

Hao Van Vu, who left Vietnam after the war and built a new life in southern California, died on Feb. 20 after a lengthy battle with lun...