Monday, January 09, 2012

Scenes from India, Part I (Delhi)

These have become my favorite chip flavor. Reminds me of home
After my 25-hour flight and layover, I made it!

Customs.

The view from my hotel.
Also from the hotel (in Pahar Ganj).

My first meal. Some kind of curry (it was a ramshackle place with no menu or English).

First auto rickshaw ride.
India Gate.

Everyone does something cutesy with them and India Gate...

...So I join 'em.

Now at the Ghandi Smriti.

You can trace his final steps.




This is the spot where he was assassinated by a Hindi extremist upset about his moderate Muslim stance.
The president's residence (Rashtrapati Bhavan).

Pahar Ganj's Main Bazaar at night.
A guy tries to give me a new watch battery (he failed).
Cows in the Main Bazaar.


Guy sleeping in the building next door.

My room: an oasis from the cacophony that is Pahar Ganj.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Looks exciting!

And also, polluted air.

I WANT some of that food. That ramshackle food place dish made me hungry!

Kristie Walker said...

I can haz postcard pleeeeeeeze????

My wonderful father has died

Hao Van Vu, who left Vietnam after the war and built a new life in southern California, died on Feb. 20 after a lengthy battle with lun...